Thursday 17 March 2011

Annual Council Tax

Waiting for me when I returned home from work was an envelope from the council.


It was my yearly reminder of how much disappears out of my account every month to be frittered away by the City and County.

The good news is that my council tax hadn't increased ...


... the bad news is that they're currently confiscating a little short of £2000 a year.

In one of the accompanying leaflets there was also some surprising news: the categorisation of our (rented) house in band E means that it was valued between £88,001 and £120,000 on 1 April 1991. If house prices had risen in line with general prices (an average of 2.6% per year for the period, according to the Bank of England's inflation calculator), it would now be worth somewhere between £150k and £200k. If only!

I'm sure I'll find more good blog fodder in the leaflets (one from the City Council, one from the County Council, and one from Thames Valley Police). Some light reading for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment